Terms and conditions
Chapter 1. General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
Terms of service (“TOS” hereinafter) aim to define and specify the matters concerning the use of internet-related services (the “Service”) provided through the internet official website operated by HealthHub (the “Company,” "we", "our", or "us").
Article 2 (Definitions)
①User (Member): The term, ‘user,’ means a person who receives the Service provided the Company after logging into the internal official website of the Company in accordance with this TOS.
②Operator: The term, ‘operator,’ means a person selected by the Company in order to ensure overall management and operation of the Service.
③Linked Site: The term, ‘linked site(s),’ means websites linked to the official website and through hyperlinks (the subjects to hyperlinks include texts and still and video images).
④Personal Information: The term, ‘personal information,’ means the information capable of identifying specific individuals based on the name and ID included in the information concerned (including the matters identifiable through simple combination with other information even if the information itself is incapable of identifying specific individuals).
⑤Cancellation: The term, ‘cancellation,’ means an act where a user cancels the service agreement after initiating the service.
Article 3 (Posting and Change of TOS)
① The Company shall post the details of TOS, trade name, location and e-mail address at its official website in order for users to become aware of.
② Upon unavoidable situations, the Company may amend this TOS within the scope not violating applicable statutes.
③ When amending the TOS, the Company shall clearly specify the effective date and the grounds for amendments, and shall publicly announce the above together with the current TOS at least 7 days prior to the effective date concerned.
④ All matters not prescribed in this TOS and interpretation of the TOS shall be governed by applicable statutes and generally accepted commercial practices.
Article 4 (Details of Changes in Service)
①The Company provides the following Service.
- Information provided by the Company
- Other services determined by the Company
②Upon unavoidable situations, the Company may make changes in the details of the Service available. In such cases, the Company shall specify the details of and the date to provide the amended Service, and shall publicly announce the above at least 7 days prior to the date of provision concerned.
③The Company shall not be held liable for damages which a user may suffer due to changes made in the details of the Service: Provided that the above shall not apply when it was due to willfulness or gross negligence of the Company.
Article 5 (Suspension of Service)
- When incidents arise, including maintenance, replacement and malfunction of device, such as the system, severance of communication and other unavoidable reasons, the Company may temporarily suspend the Service.
- The Company shall not be held liable for damages suffered by users or third party arising from the temporary suspension of the Service under Paragraph 1: Provided that the above shall not apply when it was due to willfulness or gross negligence of the Company.
Chapter 2 Registration and Withdrawal of Membership
Article 6 (Membership Registration)
①A user shall apply for membership registration by entering the information of the user in accordance with a form prescribed by the Company and then expressing his/her intent to consent this TOS.
②The Company shall register the applicant, who has applied for membership registration as prescribed in the previous Paragraph, as a member unless such applicant falls under any of the followings:
- Where the applicant concerned has previously lost his/her eligibility for the membership pursuant to Paragraph 2 of Article 7
- Where falsehood, omission or miswriting is discovered from the details registered
- Where the membership registration is deemed to cause significant obstruction to technical or business operations of the Company
- Where the password entered fails to be a combination of English alphabet characters and numbers between 10 and 15 characters
③ The time when the agreement on membership registration is concluded shall be deemed to be the time when the Company grants permission to the membership registration concerned.
- When changes are made to the details of registration, a member shall immediately notify the Company of the changes concerned via electronic mail or through other means.
Article 7 (Withdrawal of Membership and Forfeiture of Qualification, etc.)
①A user may request the Company to withdraw his/her membership at any time, and the Company shall immediately process the withdrawal of membership concerned: Provided that a request for membership withdrawal shall be made via electronic mail or in writing, which shall indicate the name, date of birth, ID and phone number of the person requesting as well as the grounds for withdrawal.
② When a member falls under any of the followings, the Company may revoke his/her qualification for membership.
- Where false information is provided during application for membership registration
- Where the user obstructs other members’ access to the Service or threatens the order through illegal use of the information
- Where the user distributes unproven or false information or engages in sales of unauthorized items within the Company
- Where the user obstructs the operation of official website by changing the information provided with the Company
- Where the user commits an act prohibited by applicable statutes or this TOS or violating good public order and customs by using the Company
- Where the user violates this TOS
- Where it is deemed inappropriate to allow the user to maintain his/her membership
Article 8 (Notice to Members)
- When notifying the members, the Company may deliver its notice to the e-mail address or phone number provided to the Company by the users.
- In cases of notices to unspecified and many members, the Company may substitute individual notices by posing the notice at the message board.
Chapter 3 Protection of Personal Information
Article 10 (Management of the Website)
①The Company shall collect minimal information necessary when collecting the information from users.
The following items shall be required, and all other items shall be optional.
- Phone number
- E-mail address
② When personal information of a user is collected, the Company shall acquire consent from the user concerned, except for the following cases.
- Where specifically prescribed by applicable statutes
- Where required to fulfill the service agreement
- Where necessary to settle the fees arising from the provision of the Service
③The Company shall procure technical measures required to secure safety in order not to have the personal information lost, stolen, divulged or forged by limiting and minimizing the number of managers for the purpose of protecting personal information
④The Company shall destroy the personal information concerned without delay when the purpose of collecting personal information is fulfilled.
Article 12 (Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information)
- A function of public notification via online and offline in order to effectively provide medical information for users
- User authentication procedure and provision of information service within the Company
- Effective operation of the Company’s official website and utilization as statistical analysis data
Article 13 (Duration of Storage and Use of Personal Information)
The Company shall determine the duration of storage and use of personal information to be the period where a user maintains his/her membership.
Article 14 (Limitation to Use and Provision of Personal Information)
① The personal information provided shall not be used for any purposes other than intended use or provided to third party without consent from the user concerned: Provided that the exceptions shall be as follows:
- Where specifically prescribed by applicable statutes
- Where necessary to settle the fees arising from the provision of the Service or for delivery
- Where the information is provided after processed in a format that no longer identifies a certain individual in cases where required for statistical purposes, academic researches and market surveys
② A person to whom personal information of a user is provided by an information and communications service provider shall not use the information for any purposes other than intended use of the personal information provided unless consented by the user or specifically prescribed otherwise by other statutes, and shall not provide the information concerned to third party.
Article 15 (Rights of User)
- A user may withdraw consent under the provisions in Paragraph 2 of Article 10 and Paragraph 1 or Paragraph 2 of Article 15 at any time: Provided that his/her intent to withdraw consent shall become effective when an e-mail of such indication arrives at the Company or a person who receives the information from the Company.
- A user may request the Company to access his/her personal information, and may demand corrections if any errors are found from his/her personal information.
- A request for withdrawal, access and correction under Paragraph 1 and Paragraph 2 shall be sent to the Company by means of electronic mail, and the Company shall be placed under the obligation to take necessary measures without delay after the electronic mail concerned arrives. When a user requests to correct the error, the Company shall not use his/her personal information until the errors concerned are corrected.
Chapter 5 Obligations of the Company and User
Article 19 (Obligations of the Company)
- The Company shall not commit any acts prohibited by applicable statutes and this TOS or violating good public order and customs, and shall endeavor to provide the Service in a continuous and stable manner as prescribed in this TOS.
- The Company shall make best efforts for security of users’ information by securing technical safety measure for security of personal information, including credit information of users and ensuring thorough management of the above.
- The Company shall contribute to advancement of internet-related businesses through maximization of customers’ satisfaction by offering high-quality services based on fair and health operation and continuous research and development.
- The Company shall not send out profit-seeking advertisement-like electronic mails which uses do not find comfortable.
Article 20 (Obligations of Users concerning ID and Password)
- A user shall use ID and password when accessing the Company.
- A user shall be fully liable for management of his/her ID and password.
- A user shall not allow third party to use his/her ID and password.
- A user shall assume all liabilities arising from poor management of his/her ID and password.
- When a user becomes aware of the fact that his/her ID and password are stolen or used by third party, he/she shall immediately notify the Company and follow the directions given by the Company, if any.
Article 21 (Obligation of User)
① A user shall not engage in the following acts.
- Registration of false content during application or modification
- Modification of the information posted at the Company
- Transmission or posting of information (computer programs, etc.) other than the information determined by the Company
- Infringement of intellectual property rights, including copyrights of the Company and third party
- Any acts damaging the reputation or obstructing the business of the Company and third party
- Acts of disclosing or posting obscene or violent message, image or voice and other information violating good public order and customs at the Company
- Acts of offering or facilitating medical examination and consultation to other users
- Acts of advertising medical practice of third party
- Acts of selling products or facilitating the sales of products
- Other acts deemed inappropriate
② In the event where the information under any of the subparagraphs in previous Paragraph or the information deemed inappropriate for the operation of the official website by the Company is posted or linked to other websites at the official website of the Company, the Company shall reserve the rights to delete the information posted at the official website without proper authorization or to sever the link concerned: Provided that the Company shall not be obligated to delete such information or sever the links thereat.
Chapter 6 Miscellaneous
Article 22 (Attribution of Copyright and Limitation to Its Use)
- Copyrights and all other intellectual property rights of the works prepared by the Company shall be attributed to the Company.
- A user shall not reproduce, transmit, publish, distribute or use the information obtained during the use of the official website for profit-making purposes or allow third party to use the information concerned without prior consent from the Company.
Article 23 (Resolution of Disputes)
- Disputes arising from all matters related to the Service other than matters prescribed in this TOS shall be foremost resolved by mutual agreement between involved parties.
- When a user finds discontent with the use of the official website or intends to offer suggestions, he/she may submit his/her complaints or inputs regarding the official website by means of electronic mail.
- When complaints and inputs submitted by a user are found justifiable, the Company shall preferentially handle such matters: Provided that when it is difficult to handle the above in a prompt manner, the Company shall immediately notify the user concerned of the grounds of delay and schedule of processing.
Article 24 (Jurisdiction and Governing Laws)
- All potential litigations arising from the use of the Service between the Company and users shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts governing the jurisdiction under the Civil Procedure Act.
- All litigations concerning electronic transactions arising between the Company and users shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Korea.